But sometimes, you just want a simple, yummy cookie. Something that won't upstage your designer coffee. No frills. Just simple goodness.
This is one of those cookie recipes. Simple. Tasty. Healthy-ish. Whole wheat. 8 ingredients.
What are you waiting for?
Glazed Brown Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
Keywords: bake cookie
Ingredients (2 dozen)
- 1-1/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 c. organic whole cane sugar, such as Rapadura or sucanat (or a free-flowing brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil (in solid state)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. organic whole cane sugar, such as Rapadura or sucanat
- 1 Tbsp whole milk (or more, if needed)
- Cream together coconut oil and organic whole cane sugar. Mix in vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Chill for 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- After at least 1 hour, preheat the oven to 375*F. Roll dough into 1-inch balls (approximately 1 rounded teaspoon; .75 oz ea).
- Arrange cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake at 375*F for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are set. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely on the pan. They will look under-done when you take them out of the oven - that's ok! They will finish cooking and set up perfectly as they cool on the pan.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine milk and organic whole cane sugar. If the glaze seems too thick, add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches a 'drizzle-able' consistency. (Note, you can sub in a non-dairy milk here, if desired)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies; allow glaze to dry. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Powered by Recipage