Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Yes, I just made up a holiday for all you folks out there like me who are a little behind. We're in the middle of moving to a new apartment right now (In fact, we picked up the keys on Valentine's Day and moved our first load of stuff over to the new place. How romantic. Am I right?) so we didn't want to do a big date night out. We're too
|Love this guy!|
I found a great idea on the Dating Divas site for a "Cuddle Kit". Relaxing on the couch after a busy day sounded good, so that's what we did.
I printed out this card from Dating Divas' Loveseat Lounge date idea and "reserved" our seats on the couch. Then, I left the Cuddle Kit on the coffee table so M could get comfy while I got dinner out. I decided to do a tapas inspired menu, just a collection of small plates we could share.
|This is some of the food and what's left of the Cuddle Kit.|
Here's the menu!
- Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes (didn't have a recipe for this as all the ones I saw used eggs, cheese or breadcrumbs... all no-no's for me. I stuffed some small camparisi tomatoes with canned wild salmon, Dijon, herbs and a little olive oil. Then I broiled them for a few minutes. They were pretty good, although the filling was pretty soft. Next time I may add a little gf flour as a binder)
- Pinchitos Morunos (marinated pork on a stick)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Mixed Greens Salad with a zesty Citrus Vinaigrette (I used a bagged salad mix for convenience, but prepped this dressing recipe ahead of time)
- Coconut Honey Candy
- Cherry Berry Fizz (Valentine's Day just begs for something pink! This was just cherry juice and blended frozen strawberries mixed with sparkling water... think agua fresca.)
On to the entertainment! While enjoying our tapas, we played a game called the "First Word Game" and then watched a bunch of funny YouTube clips. (Click here for the playlist) Disclaimer: not everyone finds the same things humorous, but we laughed our heads off. Keep in mind, I would consider this playlist rated PG as there are a few instances of language in a few of the videos.
Overall, a fun and low key date night in. Hard to believe this was our 5th Valentine's Day together!