Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Biscotti


Some things are better together.  Chocolate and cherries.  Biscotti and coffee. Or better, all four at the same time.  Chocolate cherry biscotti with a steaming cup of coffee.  What better way to wile away a rainy afternoon?  Or wind down after a stressful day at work?

Other than chocolate cherry biscotti, coffee, comfy socks and a really absorbing book...



I searched the web for a biscotti recipe I could adapt and happened upon this one.  It had potential, and even though it was labeled "healthy", I thought it could use a few healthier upgrades, like swapping out the eggs with flax and using coconut oil in place of the canola oil.  


Honey does tend to make baked goods brown more quickly than those made with sugar, so if you're looking for a "paler" cookie, I would recommend covering the biscotti with foil during the second baking.


I would also recommend storing leftovers in an airtight container, or freezing them for future snacking.  It's not safe to leave these around the house - they're really good!


 Oh, and I did mention coffee, right?  These are great for dunking...and munching... and the perfect way to end a long day.  Now, where did I leave my book?


Have cherries and wonder what to do with them? Check out the recipe on my recipage here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...