A couple of reasons I prefer pancake sandwiches over breakfast biscuits.
1. They're flatter. Weird, I know, but it makes me happy when things stack easily. Deal with it.
2. They're portable.
Still not convinced? Feast your eyes on this! I wish this post could capture the smell.
To freeze, I recommend freezing the pancakes separately on a cookie sheet for about an hour, then assembling the sandwich without the cheese. Either wrap each sandwich individually for storage, or stack them in a zip-top bag.
You can fit about 8 sandwiches in a gallon-size freezer bag.
There are a few ways to reheat these:
- wrap frozen sandwich in foil and warm in a toaster oven on high heat for about 25 minutes.
- Or, you could microwave it for about 3 minutes, but I find it tends to make the eggs sort of rubbery.
- Or, you could thaw the sandwich overnight in the fridge, the warm it in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes on high heat.
- Last but not least - add a slice of cheese during the 2-3 minutes of reheating in the toaster oven (or last 30 seconds if using the microwaves.