Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finds

I took some time recently to go shopping... not that this is groundbreaking information really, as most of us do shop on a regular basis.  I, however, am too much of a tightwad a very frugal person and like to save money so I end up going without or passing up good deals because I just can't justify the investment.

The Hubby is actually trying to get me to shop more.  Shocking, I know. He figures, we have a budget and although it's nice to put extra in savings each month, I should be able to spend the money too if I want/need to.  Especially on items like clothes...which I rarely buy.

I'm a binge shopper... I'll go for months (literally) without buying a single piece of clothing (including accessories, shoes, etc.) then in one fell swoop, I'll buy a whole bunch of things.  Sigh. Need to be more consistent.

Anyway!  I had an afternoon off work recently and decided to go shopping.  I hit up Big Lots and found a good deal on Sunflower oil (you'll see that coming up again in a future DIY post).  $5 for a huge jar! Sweet.

Next, I swung by TJ Maxx and found these AWESOME Merrill Lithe Glove Barefoot Running shoes for $60.
 Ok, so that sounds like a lot. Until you find out that the original list price is $124.95.  They are ridiculously comfy.  Amazing how you walk/run differently in these shoes - it's so much easier on my shins/knee.

Then, over at Target they had some pretty cami's on sale for $6 each, as well as a cute cardigan (similar one here) on clearance for $11.  I'm hooked on cardigans - I wear one about twice a week to work - they are extremely versatile and layer well in the summer so I don't freeze at the office.

Over at Walmart (of all places) I found some gourmet raw milk blue cheese - $2.36 for 4 oz.  Much excitement!  I'll be using that in a future post as well, stay tuned for a fantastic sandwich.

Also, a few days ago, I stopped by Goodwill to look for some party duds (spoiler alert: costume party in the near future) and it just happened to be tax free day on all clothes (including belts, shoes, ties, and suspenders. Yes, suspenders.)  I may or may not have spend $103 dollars.  I may or may not have blown the clothing budget for the next 6 months.  But, I was impressed by how many incredible deals I found.  Almost everything I bought was either brand new (original store tags still on it) or practically new, with no signs of wear and tear.  The few exceptions to that were 1 of the pairs of shoes I bought (a scuff mark on the heel) and the party duds (which I don't care so much about since I won't be wearing them in public).  Here's the line-up:
  • 6 belts
  • 4 ties
  • 1 pair suspenders
  • 2 men's dress shirts
  • 1 women's sweater
  • 1 costume party shirt
  • 1 t-shirt
  • 4 skirts
  • 1 blazer
  • 2 pairs heels
  • 1 pair flats
  • 1 complete set sheets (brand new - still in the original packaging!)
  • 1 stoneware baking dish
  • 1 leather-look day planner

Any good deals happening in your neighborhood lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...