Sunday, December 30, 2012

30 Before 30 List

I found this idea on another blog and I really liked it.  Thank you for the inspiration, Anne! So, I set out to create my very own 30 before 30 list... because I'm just really "list-y" like that.  I'm one of those people that has a list for everything and get a big thrill out of checking something off.  Anyone with me?

I tried to be realistic with things that could conceivably be done in less than 3 years (due to be completed before August 2015), not necessarily lifelong goals or bucket list items (although some of them are). This list covers a wide range of things, from blogging to travel. I hope this list inspires you to set some goals and live more intentionally as well.

And without further ado...

30 Before 30


Culture

  • See another Broadway show (even if playing off Broadway at the time)
    • Phantom
    • Newsies
    • Annie
    • Cinderella
  • Attend a concert
    • Celtic Woman
    • Straight No Chaser (Christmas show)
  • Go to the Symphony
  • Play the piano in church and feel comfortable doing so
  • Hold a conversation in Sign Language

Travel/Adventure

  • Go Stand-up Paddleboarding
  • Go on a cruise
  • Visit another one of the extreme points of the contiguous 48 United States
    • East (West Quoddy Head, Maine)
    • West (Cape Alava, Washington)
    • North (Northwest Angle, Minnesota)
    • South (Key West, Florida) completed 12/26/2012)

Education

  • Memorize my Scripture List
  • Take a Photography class
  • Take an Herbal Healing class
  • Take a Traditional Cooking class
  • Read one educational/devotional book and one just for fun book each month

Home/Family

  • Buy a house
  • Have a natural childbirth
  • Get a cat

Create/Cultivate

  • Make a complete quilt from start to finish
  • Cater a special event or reception
  • Make a slipcover for the chair and a half
  • Catch up my scrapbook to present day (currently 4 years behind)
  • Grow a successful garden
  • Grind my own wheat to make flour
  • Give the Recipe File a complete health makeover
  • Volunteer at a non-profit
  • Make a meal planning board

Blog

  • Post a how-to video
  • Host a giveaway
  • Get my own domain name
  • Have a guest blogger
  • Custom design the blog

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot, but I know you can do it. I can't wait to read all about it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...