Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 28

How far along? 28 weeks.  Welcome third trimester! 

Weight Gain:  22 lbs so far.

Baby is the size of:  A medium-ish head of cabbage.

Maternity clothes?  I hate waistbands...

Rings on or off?  Still on!

Sleep: I wish...

Belly Button:  Still a half-n-halfie.

Exercise: Need more!  I felt pretty rotten at the end of the week and didn't exercise (other than walking to/from work) on Thursday or Friday.

Food cravings:  Spicy cheese and tortilla chips; apples.


Movement:  He apparently likes the symphony... and sugar makes him hyper. Good to know.

Best moment of the week:  Writing a letter to the baby.  One of the homework assignments from our childbirth class was to write a short letter to the baby describing what we're feeling right now and what we're looking forward to.  It was really neat!

Fun fact:  Not that I'm hoping he'll be born early, but it's good to know that even if he was, his lungs have developed enough by this point that he would be able to survive. 

Symptoms:  Fatigue, back pain... And I felt really goofy after my glucose test... headache, sweats, nausea, shakiness.  It got better after a few hours, but I didn't feel back to "normal" until Friday evening and my test was on Wednesday at lunch time.

Mood?  Can you say cranky?  And did I mention, really unmotivated to do my dishes?  Oh wait, that's all the time (the dishes part, that is).

Blessings of the week: I passed the glucose test!  Thanks to all those that prayed I would pass the test the first time through.  I didn't want to have to re-do it!

I learned ...  I need to practice relaxing more often.  I apparently don't know how to.  I'm trying to learn to be more like M... he's the King of Chill.

Looking forward to:  Our upcoming weekend getaway.

2 comments:

  1. I hope work wasn't too bad yesterday. It seems impossible that you're already in the 3rd trimester, but at the same time I can't wait to meet your little man. So glad that the glucose test went well. Hopefully we'll talk soon, but I love you and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look terrific!! where are those lbs you say you've gained??
    Love you - you're doing great, Mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...