M loves spicy Buffalo-style sauce. We've had the zippy stuff several times... on sandwiches, pizza, and now.... (drumroll please)... Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls.
I was looking for something to serve at our Big Game party last weekend and came across a Buffalo Chicken Eggroll idea on Pinterest. Hmmm.... the wheels started turning...
I wasn't crazy about adding cabbage or coleslaw to my eggroll like that post suggested. That seemed a little sacrilegious. So, I opted for more chicken and a little green onion for color.
I thought they were a little spicy (not crazy, burn your taste buds off spicy... but had a little kick), but M thought they were just right. Solution? I just dipped mine in some blue cheese dip to take the edge off.
Perfection! What can I say? Except that we were so hungry (and into the game) that I didn't take time to stage and shoot a pretty picture of the results.
My humble apologies, foodies.
The picture doesn't do it justice. Sigh. Maybe next time I make these, I'll get a better picture. Because I WILL be making them again.
I hope you will make them as well. You won't be sorry. Buffalo lovers, unite!
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- about 2 cups shredded, leftover chicken (2 boneless, skinless breasts)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/4 c. green onion, chopped
- 10-12 eggroll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Melt butter, set aside to cool slightly. In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, water, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the melted butter.
- Mix shredded chicken with sauce. Lay out eggroll wrappers, spoon approx. 2 Tbsp of the chicken/sauce mixture diagonally onto the top eggroll wrapper. Top with chopped green onion.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling. Fold in the sides (envelope style), then roll up, leaving the top corner out. Dip your finger in water and moisten the top edges of the eggroll wrapper and fold it over, pressing lightly to stick the top corner to the rest of the roll. Repeat with remaining eggroll wrappers and filling.
- Place a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. Arrange finished eggrolls on top of the rack. Spray with oil or cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately (preferably with Blue Cheese Dip, celery and carrot sticks).
- Note, the spicy-ness of the sauce falls somewhere between mild and medium. Feel free to reduce or increase the amount of cayenne pepper sauce to fit your personal taste.
Powered by Recipage