Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 21

How far along? 21 weeks

Baby is the size of: A pomegranate (approximately 10.5 inches)

Baby weighs:  Approximately 14 ounces, according to my ultrasound this week.

Weight gain so far:  I am estimating 10 pounds.

Maternity clothes? MOST DEFINITELY! My midwife commented that she was surprised at how much my belly had grown since my last appointment. Thanks? I think?


Sleep: I have taken to piling pillows up against my headboard and sitting/reclining on those.  M calls it sleeping my recliner.  Pretty much true. I alternate with that position and scooting down and sleeping on my right side, like I was before.  At least this way, I can get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Food cravings:  Still strawberries.  I ate most of that 12-pint flat by myself over the course of the last week.  I had strawberries at almost every meal. I've been craving sugar lately... not good!

Baby's gender:   It's a BOY!!!  And he was apparently very proud of it.  We had no problem figuring out the gender on the ultrasound.


Confessions:  I have eaten WAY too much junk food this week.  I feel like I should detox, but I'm not allowed to do that while pregnant.  So, I'm just going to climb back on the healthy food wagon and do better next week.  I found it interesting that I wasn't craving sugar much until I started eating cookies, cake and candy again.  That's gotta go. And soon!!

Movement: The ultrasound tech noticed that he was really active and asked if he always moves that much.  I said, "pretty much."  M smirked and made some comment about it being my kid after all.  LOL

Best moment of the week: Seeing the little man on the ultrasound.  He's still pretty skeleton looking, since he hasn't gained enough fat to fill out his features yet.  But, I still think he is really, really cute.  You can already see that he has a wide forehead, high cheekbones and a little chin, just like his mom and dad.
He's the size of a pomegranate this week!

Fun fact: He likes music. Now that his hearing is more developed, he can hear my voice and probably others' voices when they are in very close range.  I started making a point to sing to him this week.  It was so cool to see that he calms down and doesn't move as much when I'm singing or humming, but starts kicking again as soon as I stop.

Symptoms: Achy back a few times, and knots in by back and neck.  And thirsty... really thirsty.

Mood? Cranky!!  I'm noticing that my patience wears thin much more quickly these days.

Blessings of the week:  My husband.  We had a fun Valentine's Day; I enjoyed spending some quality time together.  Also, a friend took me shopping for maternity clothes this week.  We hit up a few consignment shops and found some great deals!  Thanks, buddy!

Starting to think about...  My Birth Plan.  My midwife gave me an outline at my appointment and recommended a book to read about natural childbirth.  I went online and ordered the book, so I'll let you know what new and interesting things I learn along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a bouncing baby boy! I can't wait to meet him. And just for the record (I'm sure Matt agrees), your belly is cute! So don't worry about it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good! :)

    C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...