Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 20

How far along? 20 weeks

Baby is the size of:  A banana (approximately 6 to 6.5 inches)

Maternity clothes? Shhhh.... the denim skirt I'm wearing is NOT a maternity skirt.  Scandalous... my fly is unzipped and the top is held together with a rubber band between the button and buttonhole. I never thought I would purposely leave my fly unzipped; that's usually one of those middle school horror stories.  LOL.  You do what you gotta do.

Sleep: This morning, I gave up. I got up at 7 a.m. and half laid/half sat on the couch with a blanket and dozed for another hour until M got up.  It was nice to (sort of) lay on my back for a change.

Food cravings: Last night, it was marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.   But mostly, it's been strawberries.  Still.  In fact, we bought a flat of fresh strawberries at the produce market today.  MMMMMMmmmmmm..... 12 pints of strawberry awesomeness.  I may or may not have eaten an entire pint in one sitting.

Movement:  I'm noticing the baby is more active when I'm hungry!

Best moment of the week:  Went on a date night out with the Hubby last night.  Lasagna at Olive Garden, followed by a free concert.  Yep, we're big spenders!  It was fun to get dressed up.  I haven't worn heels since November, so this was a big deal.

Fun fact: The baby practice swallowing by ingesting amniotic fluid.  What I can't get over is that what I eat flavors the amniotic fluid, so the baby is tasting the same flavors I am since the tastebuds have now developed.  This kid's gonna really like strawberries.

Symptoms: More emotional and forgetful.

Wedding rings on or off? On... except for today... I forgot to put them on this morning! EEK!

Mood? Somewhat anxious.  I may be driving M nuts with all my questions.  I just want to make sure he's happy and content!  Thankfully, he's been very reassuring and understanding. 

Looking forward to: Valentine's Day, and another ultrasound next week.  Maybe we'll find out if this little one is a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...