Put them all together and I'm one happy chica.
Make it into a sandwich and I'm in heaven.
Feast your eyes on this baby!!
In between the mmmmmm's, M managed to rate this dinner 5 stars. Wanna try it yourself? Just follow the recipe below and enjoy all the mmmmmm's that result.
If you need to see nutrition facts, hop on over to my recipage, here.
Chicken Parm Panini
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Ingredients (2 sandwiches)
- 2 plain chicken tenderloins (no breading), or 1 split boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2-1/2 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 Tbsp pizza sauce, such as Easy Peasy Pizza Sauce, plus more for dipping
- Preheat the panini press to 375* (or use a griddle over medium-high heat).
- Cook the chicken tenderloins thoroughly. Remove to a plate while you assemble the sandwiches.
- Place half of sliced mozzarella on top of 2 of the slices of whole grain bread. Top with cooked chicken. Stir together pizza sauce and grated Parmesan cheese. Top chicken with sauce mixture. Place remaining mozzarella slices on sauce; top with remaining slices of bread.
- Place in the panini press and cook for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to ooze out the sides of the sandwiches. (If using a griddle, place a flat bottomed plate on top of the sandwich, then use a heavy can or clean brick to squish the sandwich. After 2 minutes, remove the can/brick and plate and flip the sandwich over. Cook for an additional minute or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted).
- Slice and serve immediately. I recommend serving with a tossed salad and additional pizza sauce for dipping.
Powered by Recipage