Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 25


How far along?  25 weeks

Baby is the size of:  A head of cauliflower

Maternity clothes?  Need more cami's and tank tops!!!  I noticed this week that a couple of my tanks were a little too short in the belly...

Rings on or off?  On... yay!!

This tank top has pretty much reached it's capacity
Sleep:  Iffy... but hanging in there.  Just excuse me if I fall asleep on you.

Belly Button: It's half innie and half outie... M says it's cute. I still think it's weird.

Exercise:  Had some back pain this week and that slowed me down... only got to work out 3 times this week.  I am learning some labor prep exercises and trying to remember to do them each day - Kegels, squats, cat/cow stretches, sitting 'tailor' style (I always called it Indian style) and practicing good posture to help keep the baby (and my back) in alignment.

Food cravings: I had a very specific craving for a sandwich this week... I'll blog about that (with pictures!) later this week.  I've also been craving butter and bacon.

My main man!!
Movement:  Small, light movements early in the day, but gets VERY active between 3 and 4 p.m. and stays pretty active all evening... especially when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Best moment of the week:  Postponing the glucose test until my next appointment.

Weight gain:  17 pounds total  

Symptoms:  Achy back and fatigue.

Mood?  Still cranky at work...  And I feel sort of clingy...

I learned ...  that I should be eating about 100 grams of protein each day.  Whoa! I don't know how much I have been eating, but I'm pretty sure it's not that much.  I'm looking for ways to up the protein content in my diet (without using a highly processed whey protein powder).  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Looking forward to:  Maternity leave. :-)

 

1 comment:

  1. So much to say this week. First of all, I hope we talk tomorrow because I miss you SO much. I love that M is in the pics this week; tell him his shirt's hilarious. You are looking cuter than ever, and I wish I was there. For the back pain, I love patches from Salonpas. The patch is part menthol, but also capsaicin (like from peppers) and it really does stay warm for 8 hours. It can be a little intense in the first 30 minutes, but it's a lifesaver for me. (It's in the pharmacy near the icy hot.) And for the protein you need, quinoa, Greek yogurt, and beans should really help with that. The quinoa tacos I blogged about a month or so ago might help. (I think M might even like them.) And I'll try to remember to e-mail you a bunch of quinoa recipes that I've got. Love you bunches and talk at you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...