Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Munchables

I had a fantastic Memorial Day holiday.  Not because we left the house. Like, at all...

And not because anything happened. Because it didn't.

Actually, it was the lack of having anything to do that made it so awesome.  I slept in and made a special breakfast.  Blueberry Lemon Oven Pancake... YUM.


(still working on getting the recipe online for this, stay tuned... it's super yummy!)

After lounging around, reading, and packing a few boxes for our upcoming move, I decided to head to the pool for a swim.

Bummer... the hours were different and I got there just as the pool was closing.  No swim for me.

Headed back home and started feeling like making dinner.  Turkey Burgers!

M wanted a spicy Cajun version with melted cheddar and ketchup.  I was feeling a little more herb-a-licious, so I went with an Herbes de Provence version with mozzarella, lettuce, onion and yogurt sauce on a toasted whole wheat bun.


The salad was actually my favorite part of the meal.  I came across a cucumber and banana pepper salad on a blog and decided to put my own spin on it, using what I had in my crisper drawer.

Turned out awesome.

Light... fresh...  perfect side dish for my mood.  The recipe is on my recipage, here!


And what would a holiday meal be without dessert?

We had patriotic sundaes - homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberry/strawberry sauce and whipped cream (of course!).


We finished up our day off chilling on the couch with a movie, then reading a book.  Hope your Memorial Day was as relaxing as ours was.  I needed a down day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...